Packline’s New Melbourne DC and Training Centre – 23 Grimes Ct, Derrimut VIC 3030
15th August 2017
A new phrase, The Amazon Effect, has entered the dictionary*
The Amazon effect is the ongoing evolution and disruption of the retail market, both
online and in physical outlets, resulting from increased e-commerce. … The major
manifestation of the Amazon effect is the ongoing consumer shift to shopping online.
*What is Amazon effect? – Definition from WhatIs.com
In our primary market in Australia, we have mostly been sheltered from this…. With the impending arrival of Amazon, this is likely to change. We are in the fortunate position of dealing with experienced providers to the Industry in both North America and Europe, and we have come up with a two-part strategy to ensure that we remain positioned to support the Australian Packaging Market and help our Distributors pro-actively grow their Sales.
And there are other challenges;
- After four years of Rapid Growth, we have outgrown our Warehouse facility at our Head Office in Castlemaine.
- The increased size of our daily dispatches was overwhelming the rural leg of the transport network resulting in delayed delivery to our valued Distributors.
- Our range has changed to include many more of the consumable items you require.
- An increase in Distributors using our DTC Service* (Direct to Customer)
Part One of our Strategy includes opening a new Distribution and Training Centre based in Melbourne on the 4th of September, Amongst the benefits, you should immediately experience;
- A Next Day delivery service – To most of our Interstate Distributors
- Same Day Delivery and Pick-up option for Melbourne Distributors available
- A drastic reduction in Price of Freight to Western Australia
- An increase in our Range of Products to include more Packaging Consumables
- A massive increase in our ability to send out Individual Products direct to your Customer for Internet Sales
- A dedicated Training Centre for our Distributors to see all our Products including Machinery demonstrations
For now, we have three things we would like from you.
- Please note, due to the complexities of the move and our desire to achieve this with minimum disruption to our Distributors we have identified Friday the 25th August and Friday the 1st September as the best time to conduct Training, Switchover of systems and Movement of Stock. We will answer all calls on those days, but will not be dispatching orders.
- Please take a moment to check your stocks. If you have any requirement for Goods between now and the end of the month, please place your order in plenty of time. (To help assist with this we are waiving our Small Order Freight Charge until the end of the month.)
- Please remember our promise, “We will never sell against our distributors in their own end-user market!” We value your business and the trust you place in us.
Part Two includes our Amazon-Ready program to ensure that our products are set up with the relevant codes, hosted images and descriptions which will enable you to setup with multi-channel online presence simply and efficiently. (More about this another time.)
Follow us on Linkedin for day by day updates on our progress over the next few weeks, and if there is anything unclear, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
On behalf of the Team at Packline Solutions.